Bicycle and Pedestrian Improvements
The Express Lanes Project Includes:
Approximately $5 million worth of proposed bicycle and pedestrian facility improvements consisting of:
- 3 miles of 10’ wide/two-way shared use path (SUP)
- 2-mile section on the west side of MoPac from Walnut Creek Trail to the north end of Loop 360
- 1-mile section that runs through the US 183 interchange and links Shoal Creek Boulevard to Neils Thompson Drive
- Improved east/west connectivity at 13 MoPac cross streets including Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) improvements, sidewalk extensions, and addition of bike lanes
- 4 miles of new sidewalk, curb ramps, and pedestrian signal heads planned along the frontage roads between Parmer Lane and Anderson Lane to better accommodate pedestrians and the disabled
The bicycle and pedestrian accommodations described in Section 3.6.2 and visually depicted in Appendix F & Appendix G of the Environmental Assessment were developed in close consultation with the City of Austin, TxDOT, CAMPO, FHWA and leadership and representatives of the bicycling community.
You can also view detailed maps of these enhancements by clicking here.